Saturday, January 12, 2013

People I Am Completely In Love With Part III: Edgar Ramirez




















I watched ZERO DARK THIRTY yesterday and while I'll do a full review on that later, for now I just want to comment on the unheard of sex appeal of Edgar Ramirez. I have never seen this beautiful specimen until yesterday but in his first scene in ZDT my jaw was on the floor. It might just be me because this perfectly embodies my type, but I'm in love. The long messy hair, the scruff, the intelligent eyes, the don't-fuck-with-me character he played. Ughh. Even better? He's not only gorgeous and talented but he's smart too. Ramirez graduated from university with a degree in mass communications and a minor in political communication, intending to become a diplomat. While in college he worked as a journalist, reporting for a local newspaper. Sexy.

He then became exec director a Dale al Voto, a campaign similar to America's ROCK THE VOTE, to encourage Venezuelan youth to vote in the upcoming election. While working on his thesis AND attending Harvard as a Model UN delegate he worked on a short film with his buddies - for fun - which wound up at Cannes and subsequently being nominated at the Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film. NO BIG DEAL. Finally this forced him to take his acting career - previously a hobby - seriously, and he has churned out excellent, critically acclaimed performances since.

I really hope he is in many, many more movies after Zero Dark Thirty so I can continue to stare.

PS He is also an advocate against guns with Amnesty International's DON'T SHOOT program, works with children with special needs and blind/deaf children, and is a Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF. WTF!!!!!

PPS It's rumoured Jessica Chastain is crushing on him and wants to mate date.

3 comments:

  1. IIIIIII love Edgar Ramirez.....he's all !!!! I love him so much !!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. keep calm, sweetheart, breathe deeply, 'cause you are not alone)

      Delete
  2. I love him too. I am just so sad, to learn Edgar Ramirez is GAY, apparently he lives with his partner in a great loft in Caracas.

    ReplyDelete